Dear Trinity Family,
As we continue to examine the Oregon Department of Education (ODE), Ready Schools, Safe Learners Version 3.7.4 August 11, 2020, we are exploring the possibility of being able to provide Limited In-Person Instruction on campus in the afternoon. Our goal is to provide some face-to-face time for social-emotional support for our students.
In order to provide this service, Trinity will be required to maintain multiple guidelines from ODE, including the prioritization of access to our most vulnerable students first, limited number of cohorts on campus in any given week, and have no confirmed cases of COVID-19 among school staff or students the past 14 days. Even one case brings this to a complete stop for two full weeks. If we want to make use of the Limited In-Person Instruction exception, it will take all of us working together to even create the possibility. We are excited about what this possibility would mean for our students, and we will be providing more information in the near future.
Trinity Early Childhood Education
We have received some questions regarding what happened to the Pre-school and Junior Kindergarten (JK) classes. Due to the limitations from ODE on class sizes and also the requirement to maintain limited and consistent cohorts, the students are divided into cohorts that reflect a need for an all-day experience and a half-day experience.
Every child is unique and learns uniquely, even more so at the preschool/Junior Kindergarten ages. That is why our preschool curriculum has always been adjusted to meet each child’s developmental readiness, and the same holds true today. Our teachers will work diligently to prepare all our preschool students to succeed in Kindergarten the following year.
Emergency Child Care Program
Trinity will also offer an Emergency Child Care Option for students in grades KDG-age 12. This program prioritizes the children of essential workers, as defined by the State of Oregon. This program is for all-day care (8a-5:30p) in cohorts of 15. Currently, we have a capacity of 30 students in this program. Rates per child are as follows:
- Early Childhood (11:15-4:00): $1250 per quarter
- Elementary/Middle School to age 12:
- Care during school hours (8:00 – 3:00): $875 per quarter
- Care after school hours (3:00 – 5:30): $625 per quarter
- TOTAL full-day care (8:00 – 5:30): $1500 per quarter
As a reminder for tuition rates and deadlines…
- Families will receive a 100% tuition refund if the student is withdrawn in writing on or before Monday, August 17.
- If a student withdraws between Tuesday, August 18 – Friday, September 30, a family will receive a 50% tuition refund of the first semester and 100% tuition refund of the second semester, if applicable.
- Please review your tuition contracts and contact the school office if you have any questions.
Dates to Remember
- Class lists will be updated on August 18, and teachers will be contacting families starting August 19 to share class-specific information and student schedules.
- Our next update will be released Wednesday, August 19, 2020, and will include:
- The Sept 1-3 schedule. This will be an onboarding time for all of our students as was also planned for in-person instruction.
- Dates to pick up student devices and Learning materials.
- Family Login information to the new TADS: Educate parent portal to access student progress. This program replaces our gradelink program from previous years.
Our faculty and staff are working very hard in an ever-changing environment to provide your child(ren) an excellent learning experience for the coming year. Thank you for your prayers and support.
Executive Director/Head of Schools